Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Pistachios and Blue Stilton
I've bought Brussels sprouts 10 days ago after a not so good experience with an appetizer made mainly of these green veggies in New York. Today, I finally decided to do something with them. Looking for inspiration, I found the following: a bag of unsalted pistachios that my wife bought, some fresh sage leaves from weekend cooking and a piece of Blue Stilton cheese that wasn't opened yet. Here's how all those ingredients came together in place to form this tasty recipe. One that's worth turning into a Vegetarian (at least for one night)!
- Wash the Brussels sprouts. Remove the bottom and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Devein the garlic and cut each clove in halves.
- Heat the oven to 200ºc / 400º F
- In a dutch oven or heavy iron skillet, heat the olive oil until smoky. Add the Brussels Sprouts, cut side down. Cook at medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the garlic and sage leaves. Sprinkle with Berbere spice mix.
- Put the dutch oven or iron skillet into the oven and cook for 20 minutes until golden. With the help of a wooden spoon mix the Brussels sprouts from time to time. 5 minutes before they are ready, add the pistachios.
- Serve on individual plates. Season with salt and pepper. Add Blue Stilton cheese and decorate with glazed Balsamic Vinegar.
- You mix a little bit of Greek Yoghurt and Siracha sauce to serve on the side. Enjoy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts is a go-to for non-Vegeterians, the crispiness of sage leaves, garlic and pistachios enhance their flavor. While the Blue Stilton Cheese and Balsamic reduction add a nice balance at the same time..Add to Favourites