Shrimp Tangerine Crepes with Lobster Sauce
- Tangerine crepes - 8, see recipe link on instructions
- Shrimp filling
- Garlic - 2 cloves, sliced
- shrimps - raw, deveined, 32
- Orange juice - 1/3 cup
- Grand Marnier - 1/3 cup
- Lobster Sauce
- Lobster shells - 2 (empty)
- shallot - 1, medium, thinly sliced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, thinly sliced
- carrot - 1 Tablespoon, peeled, cut in small cubes
- ketchup - 1 Tablespoon
- White wine - 1 cup
- Orange juice - 1/2 cup
- lobster stock - 1 Cup
- Cayenne pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Smoked Paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
- cream - 1/3 cup
- Prepare the tangerine crepes, following this recipe. Reserve at room temperature, covered with foil.
- Prepare the lobster sauce:
In a hot pan, cook the lobster shells in olive oil until well browned. Add the shallots, garlic and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes
Add 1 tablespoon of ketchup. Cook for 1 minute. Deglaze with Grand Marnier.
Add paprika, cayenne pepper, pepper, white wine, orange juice and lobster stock. Simmer for one hour. Strain the sauce to remove the solids. The liquid volume should equal to 1 to 1 1/2 cups.
Add cream and mix at medium heat. Reduce until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Keep warm.
- Prepare the shrimp filling:
- Saute garlic for 2 minutes
- Add the shrimp and seal each side (1 min per side)
- Add orange juice. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from skillet. Flambe the skillet with Grand Marnier and put the shrimps back into the skillet. Turn the heat off. Keep warm.
- Finishing and plaiting:
- Quickly warm up the crepes on a skillet (20 seconds per side)
- Place lobster sauce on the place
- Fill each crepe with 4 shrimps each and fold in two. Place on top of the sauce
- Sprinkle with saffron
The combination of these sweet tangerine crepes with sauteed shrimps with a creamy lobster sauce is really interesting. It’s a simple recipe yet takes some time for preparation but it’s worth it.Add to Favourites