Charcoal Grilled Octopus with Fava Beans
I love Pulpo a la Gallega but when I need a change, the crispiness of a charcoal grilled octopus with Greek flavors is always welcomed.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil.
- Simmer octopus uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until octopus is tender. Check these tips and tricks on how to cook a tender octopus.
- In the meantime, fry the onions until translucent. Remove. Prepare a marinade in a large bowl with the olive oil, cooked onions, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper and paprika.
- Bring salted water to boil and cook the fave beans for about 5-8 minutes.
- When the octopus is done, turn the heat off and let it cool down in the cooking liquid. Then remove it from liquid and cut separating the tentacles.
- Add the octopus tentacles to the marinade. Let it stand for an hour.
- Light the charcoal grill. When ready, remove the octopus from the marinade and grill for 3 minutes per side until browned and crunchy. Avoid over cooking or it will turn too harsh.
- Warm up the fava beans and the marinate.
- Serve the fava beans and put the octopus on top. Pour some marinade over the tentacles, sprinkle Balsamic vinegar and more oregano if needed.
I love Pulpo a la Gallega but when I need a change, the crispiness of a charcoal grilled octopus with Greek flavors is always welcomed.Add to Favourites