Spaghetti with garlic
Simplicity always wins. That's the magic of great Italian dishes.
- Fill a large pasta pot with water, add the salt and bring to boil.
- In the meantime, prepare the garlic. Peel each clove, remove the green middle part (it will make it easier to digest and reduces smell too). Cut in slices lengthwise.
- In large pan, heat the olive oil and cook the garlic slices at medium heat for about 7-10 minutes. The secret is to turn them golden without browning them. Reserve.
- Once the water is ready, cook the pasta following the packaging instructions for al dente. Two minutes before the total cooking time, remove the pasta from the heat. Pour one large spoon of the boiling water on top of the garlic. Drain the pasta with a colander.
- Mix the pasta with the garlic/ olive oil. If the pan is big enough you can do it where you cook the garlic. If not, you can put everything on the pasta pot.
- Continue cooking for a couple of minutes mixing well to ensure the pasta captures as much garlic flavor as possible.
- Serve and sprinkle crushed pepper on top. Season with black pepper. Grate Parmesan cheese
- Enjoy with a nice red wine!
Simplicity always wins. That’s the magic of great Italian dishes.Add to Favourites