Simple Peppercorn Sauce Steaks
This easy to make peppercorn sauce can be prepared a couple of minutes before you start grilling the steaks, when the meat is done, you simply need to finish the sauce deglazing the meat juices from the pan and that's it.
- In a bowl, mix the peppercorns and the Grand Marnier. Let them rest.
- Thinly slice the shallot and garlic.
- Put a small skillet in medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive. Stir fry the garlic and shallots for a couple of minutes.
- Add the peppercorns and Grand Marnier. Heat for one minute or so until the liquid has reduced to half of its volume.
- Add the cream and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat and let it cook until it thickens but not too much. Reserve.
- Sprinkle one side of the steaks with pepper and salt. Bring a large skillet to a high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil until it starts to smoke. Sear the seasoned side of the steak for approximately 3 minutes until browned. Season the other side and turn it over. Sear for 2-3 minutes until desired point of doneness.
- Remove the steaks from the skillet and let them rest on a board. Don't clean the skillet.
- Pour the peppercorn sauce on the skillet, bring it to boil. With the help of a wooden spoon, scratch the bottom to remove the juices. Reduce the heat and remove the sauce from the heat once it reaches the ideal consistency.
- Pour sauce on a dish and place the steaks on top of it.
- Serve with potato gratin or roasted potatoes. Enjoy!
This simple peppercorn sauce steaks are my kids favorite. A combination of green and black peppercorns in a creamy sauce is the right complement for a juicy steak.Add to Favourites