Herb Butter Rib Eye Steak
- Rub the steaks, on both sides, with berbere spices and black pepper. Let the meat stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Cook the whole garlic head in the oven at 190ºc/ 375ºF for 30-40 min until done (the outside should look brown and when pressing with a spatula, it should offer little resistance).
- With the help of a knife, press on the bottom of each clove to push it out from the skin. Remove any piece of skin.
- Heat an iron skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once it starts to smoke, sprinkle sea salt on one side of the steaks and sear that side for two minutes. Turn it around and repeat the process.
- At the same time, add the rosemary, sage, green cardamom seeds, tangerine zest, and butter on top of the cooked side. Let it melt. Once both sides are cooked, add the garlic.
- Cook the steaks for an extra 3-5 minutes (depending on the thickness) until they are medium rare. Make sure to turn them around every minute and mixing the butter, herbs, etc. so that both sides of the meat are embedded with all the flavors and aroma.
- Once the steak is ready, remove from the skillet and let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Place the steak on a plate. Heat the herb butter that's still on the skillet and pour it over the rib eye.
- Pair with a nice strong Cabernet or Merlot and baked potatoes. Enjoy!
This Herb Butter Rib Eye Steak is a simple twist to grilling meat. It will add an aromatic and more interesting flavor thanks to the rosemary, sage, tangerine and garlic.Add to Favourites