- Heat the oven to 230ºc/ 450 F.
- Clean the excess fat from the lamb rack, remove tendons by slicing a thin large knife underneath (they tend to be an issue when eating but also they twist the rack, thus losing its nice shape).
- Mix the grated cheese, rosemary, thyme, salt, black pepper, butter and breadcrumbs.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat two tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper the rack of lamb. In high heat, seal both sides (approximately 1-2 minutes per side). Remove the lamb rack and place it -bone side down- on an oven platter.
- Make a nice layer on top of the meat with the cheese/ bread/ spice mix. Gently push with your finger to make look even.
- Cook in a 230ºc/ 450 F oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 180ºc/ 350 F and cook for another 5 minutes. If you see that the crust is getting too brown, place a loose aluminum foil on top of it.
- Let it rest for 3-5 minutes, cut and serve.The lamb meat needs to be medium-rare, so when you cut it you want to see a light red color in the center.
- You can serve mashed potatoes as a side dish, garnish with fresh rosemary and deglaze the roasting pan with one cup of red wine, reduce at high heat and pour on the side of the lamb.
- Traditional Roasted Lamb with Herbs
- Roasted rack of lamb with a thick cheese crust
This version to the traditional roasted rack of lamb with herbs, adds a nice cheese crust which makes it more interesting and yummy.Add to Favourites