Tuna Tartare Yuzu Gelee
An impressive and simple tuna tartare. The yuzu gelee balances the fatty flavor of the tuna making it an interesting appetizer.
In a small saucepan, bring the 1/2 Cup of water to a boil, then add the salt, and sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Stir in the yuzu juice, then pour the mixture into a container and refrigerate until set.
- In a medium bowl, mix wasabi, mirin, soy sauce, honey, pepper and rice vinegar.
- In a large bowl, mix the tuna with olive oil and sesame seed. Grind black pepper and sea salt to taste. Add the cubed tuna, mix and cover with foil. Reserve in the fridge.
- Cut the avocado into small cubes, sprinkle lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
- Before plaiting, discard the liquid where the tuna was. Add the marinade and mix well. Discard any excess liquid.
- Plaiting: Oil a ring mold and place it in the center of a plate. Add a layer of avocado and gently push it down, add a layer of tuna and gently push it down, cover with a layer of yuzu gelee. Lift the mold and voilá!!
An impressive and simple tuna tartare. The yuzu gelee balances the fatty flavor of the tuna making it an interesting appetizer.Add to Favourites