Cod with Lavender Scent
An aromatic take on fish you will never regret trying. This is one is broiled with lavender buds, lemon zest, berbere, shallot, thyme, cilantro, panko crust.
This a simple yet different dish. You'll love the aromas and taste. Very delicate and distinctive. One day I bought Lavender buds and I had cod and this is what happened next.
- Turn on the oven broiler or preheat the oven at 230ºc (450º F).
- Make sure the fish fillets are at a room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Rub the top of the fillets with the Berbere spices. Then add (in layers) the rest of the ingredients in the following order: shallots, lemon zest, lavender buds, thyme, cilantro and Panko.
- Rub a little bit of Olive oil on aluminum sheet pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Put the fish on top.
- Put in the oven and cook for about 8-10 minutes. If you are broiling put in the middle rack.
- Serve and enjoy with a fresh salad of your choice!
Fish should never be over cooked or it will be too hard and not so tasty. When you cut it with a fork, it should separate into small pieces easily. Yes, you don't need a knife if the fish is cooked to perfection!
An aromatic take on fish you will never regret trying. This is one is broiled with lavender buds, lemon zest, berbere, shallot, thyme, cilantro, panko crust.Add to Favourites