Chicken Walnut Curry
- chicken thighs - 12, bones and skin removed
- Walnuts - Pecan 200 gr (7 oz)
- Pine nuts - 1 Tablespoon
- coconut milk - 2 cans (454g/ 15.5 oz) each
- Coriander seeds - 3 Tablespoons, crushed
- Ginger - 1 small piece, grated
- garlic - 6-8 cloves chopped
- onion - 1, large, thinly sliced
- cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Corn oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
- In a deep pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Saute the onion, ginger and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander, cumin, garam masala, cayenne pepper and rest of the spices. Heat for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of nuts. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 can of coconut milk. Cook for 5 minutes stirring all the time. Cool down. Put in a food processor and grind until having a smooth consistency.
- Grind 1 tablespoon of walnuts with 2 tablespoons of water to make a creamy paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the first mix. Saute for 2 minutes. Add the chicken and brown each side (less than a minute). Add the rest of the coconut milk and bring to boil.
- Add the walnuts/ water creamy paste. Reduce the heat and cook until chicken is almost done.
- Add the pine nuts and remaining walnuts. Heat for a couple of minutes and serve. The curry sauce should look thick.
This chicken walnut curry is an interesting alternative if you love Indian curries. The combination of coconut milk and walnut goes perfect with chicken.Add to Favourites