Chicken Fried Wontons
- chicken thighs - boneless, 300 gr, cubed (3/4 lb)
- shallot - 1, large, thinly sliced
- Caju nuts - 10, unsalted, chopped
- lemongrass - 1 stalk, soft part, finely chopped
- Cilantro - fresh, chopped, 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper - ground, 1/4 teaspoon
- ginger - fresh, one small piece, chopped
- sesame seed oil - 2 teaspoons
- mirim - 2 teaspoons
- Light Soy Sauce - 2 teaspoons
- Square roll wrappers - 48
- Dipping Sauce
- Cut the chicken in cubes.
- Mix with the chicken with all the other filling ingredients.
- Put one wrapper on your palm, place 1 tablespoon of filling at the center. Moisten edges with water with the help of your finger. Place another wrapper on top and seal the edges all along.
- Twist the edges to give the dumplings a nicer look as shown on the pictures.
- On a large pan bring vegetable to boil -enough that the dumplings will be covered by the oil. Frying them in batches until golden, turning them around once or twice. Put them on paper towels and repeat the process with the remaining dumplings.
- Serve with dipping sauce of you choice.
Add to Favourites
These chicken fried wontons are a tasty addition to a dim sum. Everyone will love these fried wontons, they are crispy and filled with a flavourful chicken meat.