Tuna Tartare and Potato Blinis
- Fry shallots in olive oil at medium heat over. When they are turning golden brown -this could take 3-5 minutes- remove them immediately with a skimmer. Cover with paper towels and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, mix wasabi, mirin, soy sauce, honey, pepper and rice vinegar.
- In a large bowl, mix the tuna with olive oil and sesame seed. Grind black pepper and sea salt to taste. Add the diced tine, mix and cover with foil. Reserve in the fridge.
- Slice the avocado, sprinkle lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
- Prepare the blinis. Check recipe here.
- Plaiting: put a couple of avocado slices in the center of the plate, place a nice amount of tuna (keep an eye not to add too much of the marinade), sprinkle one spoon of the mirim/ soy sayce/ etc. sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds, serve with blinis.
- You can also make individual blinis by simple mixing the sauce with the tune, serving one tablespoon full of tartare on top of each blini, sprinkle sesame seed on top as shown on the picture below. Enjoy!
This tuna tartare is a light and easy to make appetizer. It combines the soft texture of potato blinis with the richness of fresh ahi tuna.Add to Favourites