Sauteed girgolas (oyster mushroom)
A simple appetizer recipe "stolen" from the Gato Dumas from when I helped at the kitchen of one of his restaurants many years ago.
Girgolas (or Oyster Mushrooms) are very delicate yet very flavored.
- Toast the bread and cut each slice in two in a triangle shape.
- Wash the mushroom thoroughly. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a large skillet (iron preferably). Add olive.
- Saute mushroom with the gills facing down for 2 minutes. Make sure that the mushroom have plenty of space if not they will evaporate faster and poach instead of grilling.
- Turn the mushrooms upside up. Sprinkle pepper and salt.
- Remove from the pan and place them on top of the bread slices.
- Turn the heat up and add the wine. Evaporate 1/3.
- Add the garlic, lemon and ciboulette. Cook for one minute and pour the sauce on top of the Girgolas. Sprinkle with Pimentón and black pepper. Enjoy!
A simple appetizer recipe “stolen” from the Gato Dumas from when I helped at the kitchen of one of his restaurants many years ago.Add to Favourites