- Yield: 4-6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2h 00 min
Sweet and Sour Lamb Tagine
A simple lamb tagine that will help you survive winter.
- Lamb - leg or shoulder, 1.1 kg (2 1/2 lbs)
- Cilantro - small bunch, chopped
- Onions - 2 large, sliced
- Garlic - 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Ginger - 1 small piece, grated
- Prunes - 112 gr (4 oz)
- Dates - 170 gr (6.4 oz)
- Pecan nuts - 3-4 Tablespoons
- Water - as needed
- Olive oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Honey - 2-3 Tablespoons
- Turmeric - 1/2 tablespoon
- Piri piri - 1 Tablespoon
- Smoked Paprika - 1/2 tablespoon
This a faster version of a tagine that includes prunes, honey, pecan nuts and dates.
- Cut the lamb in cubes (2 inches).
- Heat the oil in a tagine and stir in the onions and garlic. Saute until translucent.
- Stir in the ginger, turmeric, piri piri and smoked paprika.
- Toss in the meat, browning it while at the same time making sure it's all covered with the spices/ onions paste.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water and cover. Simmer at medium heat for 1 hour.
- Open the lid an add the dates, prunes and honey. Cover and cook at a mediun-low heat for an extra hour or so.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle Pecan nuts and cilantro. Serve with cous-cous or white rice.
A simple lamb tagine that will help you survive winter.Add to Favourites